August 9, 2008

Sticky Notes!

     I looked down at my computer calendar and thought to myself, "Hey! It's been a week since I started my blog". (Well, maybe not right away... but it came to me eventually). Anyway, I thought I should do something special for my "one-week-anniversary post". After searching through pads and pads of mind post-its, it finally came to me: why not write a post on what my blog's about? (Sticky notes!) So, roll up your sleeves, flex your clicking finger, and get ready to get sticky.

     Our first stop on the post-it bus is to get a little background info- some history. Luckily, this isn't the "Hey kids! Columbus sailed around the world, Edison invented the lightbulb, and- hey, you! Stay awake. Wipe off that drool," type of history. You're gonna get pretty stuck on this kind of history. (Sigh, another sticky note pun? Oh, just watch how many more I can do. By the end of this post, you'll definitely have some paper to burn in your fireplace). Learn the history of the post-it note. Still not satisfied? More here. What about some of the, er, stranger history? What exactly is possible with a sticky note? Read post-it stories and news articles. What about this sticky situation: out of paint for your car? Don't fret; there's no need to worry when you have sticky notes lying around!

     Bored? Post-its can solve that too. Bring out your creative side with some sticky note crafts such as origami post-it boxes, origami post-it flowers, and sticky notebooks. Or, if you're not so artistically inclined, why not try some online games- this one is fun (remember to press the little "continue" at the top to play), or you can add this cool facebook application (thought you escaped from attack of the facebooking teenagers? Well, they're back- with extra stick).

     With all the misery in the world, it's good to have a laugh every once in a while, even if it's about palm-sized pieces of pointless yellow paper. Pick up the pencil and remind yourself to check out these cartoons.  How about this guy, who writes cartoons on sticky notes? Better yet, what about some virtual sticky notes for your blog?

     If you're feeling lazy (ah.. that remote control is all the way on the other side of the couch..) then save some energy (which energy?) and watch some videos. About sticky notes, of course- you haven't managed to escape the yellow papery doom just quite yet. There's the famous and very insightful Yellow Sticky Notes, Stop-animation Post it Notes, and experimental Post-it Notes Waterfall. Other videos for your viewing pleasure include such as a music video, a catfight, some art, or an adorable marriage proposal done with post-its.

     Isn't this all just wonderful subliminal advertising? Is your mind nagging, "Buy! Buy! Buy!"? If not, why not take a look at these noteful products, anyway? As I was looking at all of these products (despite being sick from sticky note overdose), I learned just how many things there are that involve post-its. Who would've thought little yellow papers with glue slapped on the back would be so successful? I mean; books, Problem-solvers, Idea manuals, and kid crafts- there's everything. There's even post-its for the environmentally-conscious forgetter.

     What? It's over?! Finally, free- and just about time, too. I bet you'll be dreaming in yellow 75mm x 75mm tonight. You can blame me for that. But, you have to admit- who knew somebody (with a lot of spare time on their hands) could write so much on such a conventional, boring, sticky subject? (Yep, just had to throw in that groaner). I think I deserve an award- either for most determination, or... the more likely, biggest blogging loser. And proud!

Stay posted, (No more jokes, I promise!)

Jade-Caitlin

3 comments:

Duni said...

Hey there!

this reminds me of a woman I used to work with...she stuck post-its on every available surface, including the phone!

CheL said...

Hey there!

How are you?Thanks for the comment,I added u i hope ur ok with it...Hmmmm ur cat have a cute name by the way....Have a great one...:)

Jade-Caitlin Skkyë said...

duni: Hah, I would do that, only the sticky notes I have in my desk don't have sticky stuff on them. XD They're rainbow though.. and so worth it.

Chel: Hey! Your welcome =) Thank YOU for the comment! Yeah, that's great. Thanks! Talk to you soon.