August 5, 2008

iTouch, iDrop, and iScream

     Yes, I have, indeed, got sucked into the world of iPod. It's impossible not to. For some reason, that hunk of colorful metal filled with music has taken over my days. I finally got an iPod touch, and... well, if I wasn't glued to it before, It's fused to me now. Good thing, too- if it wasn't, I'd probably (knowing what a klutz I am) drop it. But, so far, iTouch, ihaven'tDropped, nor do  iScream- in the meantime, anyway. Hopefully my iLove will overpower my klutzpeds.

     Back to the iTouch; not only music, but pictures are on it, as well. Perfect for me- "PLEASE, just ONE more picture... I promise! I NEED IT. It'll look great in the scrapbook! Smile. Please don't hit me." Now I can annoy people even further with my photos.

     Speaking of iPods and cameras, I've decided to compile a list of things I can't survive without. Nifty, huh?

                              *****

1. iPod- Dare to be a stereotypical youngster... but, really, this thing is the new frontier. Saddle up and turn up the tunes.

2. iDrops- One of the downsides (okay, there's no upsides) of having  minus 8/20 vision-not quite superman standards- is that I have to wear the crappy contacts. No high-quality offthecounter "Wow! It's like I have 20/20 vision!" for me. I have astigmatism, nearsightedness, the whole bit; so lucky me, I have to use eyedrops constantly to see clearly.

3. My Movies- As we've all found out at one point or another, sometimes, the world just sucks. That's why we all need an escape- for me, it's my movies. I love intense, thought-provoking, "That's completely genius" type of movies with a sprinkle of dark humor. Without them, my brain would overload. (Ironic?)

4. 796 Hollow Books- I may not have much (Er, anything) to hide, but that doesn't mean I don't need a secret space every once in a while. I have about ten hollow books all over my room- some huge, some tiny- that not only provide excellent decoration, but also provide a place to keep things. Who doesn't want to hide something, forget about it, then reminisce when you do find it? I got mine at homesense.

          5. Food, Water, etc- Of course, last on my list is those unimportant things; you know, food, water, air... that nonsense.

                              *****

     Well, that's enough for today, I suppose. Rather, tonight... it's dark outside already? Ah, the bliss of commitmentless summer.

                                               Stay posted,

                                               Jade-Caitlin

1 comment:

Duni said...

Hi Jade-Caitlin,

join the club - I have astigmatism too, and since I'm vain (just a little) I wear contacts instead of boring glasses. I use Focus Toric. I can wear them for about 6 hours every day. Without them I wouldn't be able to discern my cat from my newspaper rack!